Mercuri Urval is in charge of this search (https://www.mercuriurval.com/nl-be/opportunity/?jobadid=70363&refno=).
B4Plastics, based in Dilsen-Stokkem, is looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial salesperson. Is there a “green line” in your life and do you want to contribute in an exceptional way in a strong developing firm with sustainability projects?
Responsibilities and tasks
– You will be responsible for commercial activities in the European and surrounding markets starting from prospection and qualifying new sales leads from the lead generation team.
– Your created and planned meetings and presentations with clients/prospects are in a broad range of sectors and industries as cosmetics, textiles, shoes, packaging, agro, garden products, … First contacts are mostly industrial decision makers in R&D, professional buyers, managing directors.
– You closely monitor market trends and identify new key accounts in various market sectors and on selected Technology Platforms of B4Plastics, maintaining a well-developed pipeline of prospects. You use your knowledge to increase market share by demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of the customers’ business and competitive market.
– You will be responsible for negotiations making proposals and deals towards prospects/clients developing strong relationships and will internally translating customer needs/pain points towards R&D and other departments to jointly find appropriate solutions to optimise sales efforts.
– You will also work closely with the current sales team consisting of the managing director, marcom responsible, lead qualification, existing sales, and new sales manager.
– You will track all sales activities in the CRM system, update the accounts and report to the Managing Director/Sales Manager regarding your sales results and targets.
Your skills and personal characteristics
– Bachelor or master’s degree or equal by experience, with strong affinity to the sector of bio plastics of B4Plastics. Preferably with a scientific/technical working experience/interest, as the bridge to the business of B4Plastics must be made.
– 2-4 years working experience in key account sales / business development from the ground up towards industrial firms and companies with clear sales successes and track record of building up long-term relationships with prospects/clients.
– Experience in an independent and self-motivated role: entrepreneurial in a scale up environment, creative, self-reliant, energetic, structured, team oriented.
– Negotiate in a commercial environment: identify and respond to sales opportunities, put forward powerful arguments and persuade with perseverance, deal with resistance, strong business acumen finding quick solutions or alternatives to customer objections.
– Strong evidence of customer-focused behaviour and relationship-building skills: able to establish relations at all levels, both within the B4Plastics organisation as well as with clients.
– Good communication and presentations skills with impact both verbally and in writing and fluent in Dutch/English. – Knowledge of German could be an asset. Used to work with MS Office tools and CRM systems for reporting.
What do they offer?
– B4Plastics offers an excellent opportunity to show your sales capability in the European and surrounding markets in a broad range of sectors and industries. The company culture is characterised by its human orientation and participation carried by all employees with a strong dynamic typical for a scale up.
– You will work in a professional and far above-average innovative environment with leading global partners selling world-new products. Your function will directly impact the plastics industry and transition it to an unprecedented high level of ecology. As innovation is key, your development for long-term employment will certainly be secured.
– You will receive a competitive salary package with a bonus plan with fringe benefits and a sustainable mobility pack.
We look forward to hearing from you
Please click the apply button on www.mercuriurval.com to send your cv and motivational letter (ref. BE-07056). For additional information please contact the central Mercuri Urval office at +32 (0)2 715 09 99.
This executive search is exclusively performed by Mercuri Urval, specialists in Executive Search, Professional Recruitment and Leadership & Talent Advisory.
About the organisation
B4 Plastics (www.b4plastics.com) is a fast-growing bioplastics company, guiding the plastics industry to “The New Plastics Economy”: designing new eco-plastics from scratch, prototyping them for partners and own products, and upscaling them as the market demands.
By expanding the bioplastics library daily, B4plastics catalyses the introduction of novel biomaterials into niche applications. As a polymer architecture company, they design plastics on 3 pillars: bio-based content, circularity, and degradability with the best balance of ecology, function, and cost.
Their solution brought with highest accuracy and speed bringing designed plastics from gram to ton scale answering key product requirements and adequate end-of-life.
They realise niche-engineered applications starting from different raw materials and unique building blocks having polymer architectures on different technology platforms (FortePlastics, TriggerPlastics, RubberPlastics, LowEnergyPlastics) or on demand custom-made with their R&D Excellence Centre for your new plastic applications.
The first business and turnover came from customers who are world leading brand owners and major chemical & material corporates in collaboration with a lot of R&D partners.
With a project to make fishnets biodegradable B4Plastics won end of 2021 the prestigious Swedish environment award Curt Bergfors Food Planet Prize with a value of 2 Mio USD.
For the moment there are around 25 people working in B4Plastics but with the major current investment of the Lindal Group and the European Innovation Council by the Green Deal program there is a factory planned of 7000m2 mid-2023 to let grow the production capacity and the firm projection is growing to at least 100 people in near future.
The company wants to make the difference, being a real game changer in society regarding sustainability on an international scale.
Change our tomorrow together with B4Plastics!