We are B4plastics (www.b4plastics.com), the fastest growing bioplastics company in the world and we want to guide the plastics industry to the New Plastics Economy: designing new eco-plastics from scratch, prototyping them for partners and own products, and upscaling them as the market demands. Our novel Technology Platforms such as FortePlastics and TriggerPlastics are our differentiators in this adventure.
Our company is looking for a skilled Materials Scientist with expertise in rheology, compounding, and processing. As a Materials Scientist, you will work collaboratively with our R&D team to develop and optimize specialty biopolymers for use in various applications & industries. You will be responsible for researching, testing, and analyzing the properties of biomaterials to improve their performance and develop new applications.
• Conduct research to develop and optimize biomaterials for various applications using rheology, compounding, and processing techniques
• Design and execute experiments to evaluate and analyze the properties of biomaterials
• Utilize computer simulations and modeling techniques to understand biomaterial behavior and predict performance
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineers, chemists, and technicians to develop and test new materials
• Document and report research findings and provide recommendations for biomaterial improvements
• Remain ahead of the curve regarding industry trends and developments in biomaterials science and rheology
• Maintain a safe and organized laboratory environment
• PhD or Master’s degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or related field
• Strong knowledge and experience in rheology, compounding and processing techniques
• Experience with material characterization techniques, such as rheological, DMA, DSC, TGA, … testing
• Proficient in computer simulations and modeling techniques
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records
• Experience with biopolymer materials is preferred
A professional and above-average innovative environment with leading global partners targeting world-new products, bringing everyday’s sweat and joy, while securing your competitive salary package and your development for long term employment. You will be working directly from the brand-new labs and offices in Dilsen-Stokkem & Gent (B). Your job will directly impact the plastics industry and transition it to an unprecedented high level of ecology.
$Salary package & extra benefits to be confirmed by B4Plastics.
Change our tomorrow together with B4Plastics!